Are you starting to prepare for fall semester at Ohio University? Congratulations and welcome back! It’s certainly been a long, crazy year and a half for everyone, but it’s exciting to get back into the normal swing of things. Let’s celebrate a new school year of in-person learning and cheering on the Bobcats at Athens’ great school.
How can you get ready for the all-new semester? Here are 4 ways to prepare for the fall semester at Ohio University.
1. Take Care of Leftover Business
Do you have any essential to-dos gnawing at you from last semester? If so, it’s a good idea to take care of them sooner rather than later. If you keep putting them off, you might forget about them and they could negatively impact your path to graduation. These leftover tasks can include:
- Incomplete courses. Check the status of the courses you still need to finish. Talk with an advisor or another mentor-figure on campus that can provide you some direction or instructions on finishing them, or, if necessary, help you develop a plan for alternatives.
- Financial issues. Do you still have outstanding fees owed or money that’s due for a past semester? Have you received those all-important student loans or financial scholarships from the school? Make sure everything is still on track so you’re not surprised by a bill or left unable to pay your tuition.
- Jobs, on-campus and off. Do you know what you’re going to do for work this semester? How about your internship plans? Start sending some emails and applying to jobs on campus or around Athens to get ahead of the surge of students that will clog up the hiring funnel at the beginning of the semester.
2. Check on Your Degree Progress
The start of a new school year is a great time to look at your progress toward graduation. Take a step back and make sure you’re meeting all the requirements for your generals and your major.
How many credits do you need? Is there any place where you are lagging behind? How can you catch up? Which prerequisites do you still need to take? Make a best-case scenario list of what classes you want to take this semester.
3. Find the Best Housing Possible
You need to find the best of the Ohio University rentals: something that’s comfortable, welcoming, and allows you to flourish both as a student and as a person! That means looking for the right off-campus housing according to your wants and needs.
Make a list of the areas you’d like to live in and the people you’d like to live with. Consider what amenities are important to you. Do you care if there’s a washer and dryer in your apartment? Do you want to share a room? The sooner you make a plan, the easier it will be to find the perfect place for you.
4. Buy or Rent Your Books
Once you have your classes finalized, look into buying or renting your books! If you get a head start on your search you can find great deals before they’re snatched up. Check out the OU bookstore, Chegg, or Amazon to find the right books for your class. Check to see if Ohio University or Facebook has a student network where you can trade or buy inexpensive used books.
How Wharton Rentals Can Help
If you’re starting to prepare for fall semester and need an Ohio University rental, Wharton Rentals is the place to go. With the best selection of off-campus Ohio University rentals, a total focus on customer service, and the helpful tenant resources that you need to feel safe and secure in your new place, Wharton Rentals is your one-stop shop for everything that OU-adjacent tenants need.
Ready to get started with Wharton Rentals? Contact us today!